My recent post was about how to set goals, so here are my goals for the coming year! Remember…Category, Reason, Habit.
This may seem a little overboard to you, but this is exactly how my brain works. I also physically write these down in my journal, so I am constantly reminded of them. This is the way I can picture setting my goals. There are difference techniques of goal setting. For example, my husband doesn’t write out his goals specifically like I do. This would be too overwhelming for his personality type. Find your niche, but most importantly ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS!!!
- Pray with meaning daily
- Read and Study Bible more often
- Tell others about what God has done in my life
I want to have a deeper relationship with God and be Christ-Like.
- Prayer every morning
- Read/Study Bible 2x week
- When opportunity presents itself, tell others about what God has done in my life
- Attend a Biblical Church
- Use the spiritual gifts God has given me
- Become an active church member
I want to be surrounded by a community of believers that live biblical truth and use the skills God has given me.
- Get involved with activities, community outreach at church.
- Be open with people.
- Date nights
- Daily prayer together
- Read/Study bible together
- Perform kind gestures more often
I want to have a healthy, biblical marriage so we are not a divorce statistic. I want to set a Christian example for others to show them what a true marriage should be like.
- Schedule weekly date nights
- Pray together daily
- Read/Study Bible together 1x week
- Kind gestures atleast 1x month (Hello Pinterest!)
- Spend more quality time with friends and family.
I want to have more quality relationships with people in my life. It also gives me the opportunity to tell others about God and be myself.
- Spend more quality time with atlas one person weekly.
- Monthly family dinners.
- Eat healthy
- Workout more often
I want to be a good example of health to my family. I want to look good for my husband and feel attractive. I want to have energy, stamina and release tension through workouts. I don’t want to be at risk for diseased and take several pills like most Americans.
- Workout 3x week
- Yoga 2x week
- Prepare healthy meals
- Run Half Marathon
Goal: Personal Time
- Get up at 5am on weekdays
- Blog more often
- Schedule alone time
I need to schedule alone time because I get overwhelmed and need to take a step back at times. It helps me relieve tension and re-focus.
- Get up at 5am on weekdays
- Schedule alone time 1x week
- Blog 1x week
- Goal check 1x week
Goal: Helping Others
- Open home more often so others feel welcome
- Be friendlier on a daily basis
- Make others smile
- Once in law school, become GAL Advocate
Helping others makes me feel good. God puts us on this earth to make a difference and to be Christ-like. I want to use my gifts to the best use possible.
- Be open, nice and friendly
- Listen more!!
- Have a good attitude
- Finish Bachelor’s Degree
- Apply to Law School
- Open own law office or work for prosecutors office
- GAL work
I want to have a job that I love and that will make a difference in someone’s life.
- Keep GPA High 3.6 or above
- Take LSAT
- Talk/Network with attorneys, judges, etc.
- Pray about it!
Other Personal Goals
- I will have a positive attitude because happiness is contagious.
- I will achieve more confidence by stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things.
- I will not base my decisions on what others think. I will base my decisions on what God has planned for me.
- I will control my anxiety through prayer and running.
- I will be more passionate about everything I do.
- I will stop checking social media as much.